Nana in Bangkok is not a place to take the family, not even for a quick peak! Located on Sukhumvit at Soi 4, this entertainment plaza is considered sleaze central but always a good time. When you are walking from Sukhumvit road, down Soi 4, you will know that you are getting close to Nana when you stumble across an assortment of street vendors preparing wonderful and weird bites. Take the time to indulge in some of these delicacies because you won’t find much food to eat once you walk through the entrance of Nana in Bangkok.
1. Spankys Bar – This is the latest edition to the nightlife here. If you have been to Nana Plaza before, you will notice that Spankys is found where Hog’s Breath and Three Roses use to be. Just looking at the neon lights on display outside screams sexual entertainment. Girls dance on an elongated stage with a generous supply of lights hung around it and there is always a modest supply of girls but they have a long way to go if they are going to compete with Carousel or Angel Witch next door.
2. Carousel – This is one of the more popular bars in Nana Plaza. It is an enormous bar found on the third level that use to be called Hollywood Strip. The bar boasts two rotating carousels where you will find a dozen or so girls on each one. There are a lot of candles here and one of the few bars you can still smoke in. This is the only bar where girls dance naked and perform sexually explicit shows.
3. Angel Witch – Since its expansion in 2007, this bar is now a bit easier to get into. This is a great place to go once or twice for no more than an hour at a time because they have a smaller staff so you see the same girls dance a lot. Therefore, if you stay too long, it can become tedious.
4. Lollipop – This was a lady boy venue temporarily but changed back to a traditional Nana in Bangkok establishment. Lollipop earned its popularity by featuring a mermarium. This was a larger aquarium where girls swam and performed stimulating acts. The bar closed down and reopened in 2002 with large dancing stages and pool tables.
5. Pretty Lady – This bar, formally called Bottoms Up is a mid-sized, ground floor venue with two large dancing stages. The girls may not be as attractive as some other places but they are provocative and raunchy. Most of the dancers wear nothing under their skirts as they dance on mirrors and while the music is quite loud here, it is usually pretty good.
6. Playskool – While this may be one of the smaller bars in Nana Plaza, it is usually one of the busiest. There are usually about 15 girls working, most of which are pretty good looking. Originally, the girls wore a sexy schoolgirl uniform but only the dancers wear them once in awhile now, never the barmaids.
7. Rainbow 1 – This is a mid-sized GoGo bar in the most interesting corner of the plaza which could be why it is always packed. There are at least 150 girls that work for the Rainbow 1 and most will chat even after their drink is done which is hard to find in Nana Plaza.
8. G-Spot – This is Bangkok’s biggest GoGo bar and certainly one of the most popular ones. It is located on the second floor, has three stages and late in the night, once in awhile, you will find nude dancing. The girls there actually dance and move around a lot more than the lazy shuffle you’ll see in some other bars.
9. Voodoo – This is one of the largest ground floor bars in Nana Plaza. The dancing stage is huge and also features a carousel which seems to be standard in most of the venues owned by the Crown group. Voodoo has an outside bar that is really popular, pool tables and big screen televisions.
10. Rainbow 2 – This is a big bar that employs at least 250 girls! Like many of the bars within Nana in Bangkok, there is not a ton of space to dance since there are so many girls but they dance in shifts so there is time to tend to the customers between their shift. This bar gets crowded so if you are claustrophobic move on!